Subject: Re: [regrep] 7/29/2003: Conformance Efforts and ebXML IIC

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Monica Martin wrote:
>
>> As requested in last week's call, I did talk to the ebXML IIC about
>> your interest in conformance.  They indicated if our team could
>> provide a draft/strawman list of abstract test requirements (or
>> objectives), that would be great. They could then formulate some
>> examples as specified in the test framework and make this an
>> interactive exercise.
>

> Recall from last meeting that I had suggetsed that we compile a set of
> spec assertions and give that as a starting point for IIC to get
> engaged. I feel that the " abstract test requirements (or objectives)"
> are likley to mean the same thing.
>
> I had an AI from last meeting to send an example of what I mean by
> test assertion list. Please find attached file with a sample of what
> such a list might look like.
>
> Monica, could you please get coments from IIC whether this is
> representative of what they need from us?

mm1: I would be happy to do so.  Two comments before I do forward:

   1. Do I wait for team inputs first?
   2. On the assertions, the test framework has the notion of conditions
      and assertions to meet test requirements (which may or may not be
      1-1 to a specification requirement).  I'll give you an example
      based on your assertions:
          * Condition: For a submitted registry object, if the client
            does not supply an id
          * Assertion: The registry must generate a universally unique
            id for the submitted object.

If you look to the reference I gave you, this gives greater detail and
explains this.
Thanks.