Subject: Re: [regrep] Accessing a RegistryObject From a UDDI Registry

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>I have a quick question regarding UDDI and ebXML Registry, that I hope
>at least one person can offer a clarification on. It involves accessing
>a RegistryObject from a UDDI registry.
>
>Suppose we start with the following tModel that represents a WSDL
>document:
>
><tModel tModelKey="some_urn">
>   <name>My WSDL document</name>
>   <description>This WSDL document...</description>
>   <overviewDoc>
>      <overviewURL useType="text">
>           http://myWSDLdoc.com
>      </overviewURL>
>   </overviewDoc>
>   <categoryBag>
>      --removed for example purposes--
>   </categoryBag>
></tModel>
>
>Of course, the new "RegistryObjects as URLs" feature will allow the URL
>of the RegistryObject to be placed in the <overviewURL> element above -
>but using our v2.5 HTTP interface, if one were to replace the
><overviewURL> value above with an HTTP GET for a RegistryObject, would
>it have the exact same effect?

Yes. the effect would be identical if you ignore the fact that the URL
in the User Defined URL would be:

http://myWSDLdoc.com

While in the QueryManager HTTP interface it will be:

http://<base url>/http/?interface=QueryManager&method=getRegistryObject&param-id=<id of object>

Note that the second URL is different from what you posted (no need to include GET etc.) just the URL is needed.