Subject: Re: [regrep] Format for our documents

Matthew MacKenzie wrote:

> I think that you should use DocBook.  I hear it too is an OASIS spec :-)
>
> Relying on WYSIWYG for complex technical documents scares me a little
> bit, but that is just me.

And not having a modern, state-of-the-art WYSIWYG editor for complex
documents scares the living day lights out of me. This to me is the most
important requirement out of the three I proposed.

> Look at the W3C, what they are doing is working quite well, and they
> use an XML format.

And Open Office uses an XML format. One that is the basis for the Open
Office Format TC and their future standard.