Subject: RE: [regrep] Xforms limitations

This is probably not the right forum to elaborate on that. However, I can
refer you to the FAQ for our recent announcement:
http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/pdfs/xml_form_designer_faq.pdf

Does the XML/PDF form designer support XForms?
XForms is an emerging standard from the W3C that Adobe has participated in
the development of since
the inception of the working group. Our XFA definition is designed to
integrate with XForms as it becomes
accepted and deployed in the industry. Adobe's implementation of forms
technology takes into account
the requirement to have perfect fidelity. Adobe's focus is on automating
documents - some of which are
designed to capture data, others are transaction records, and others are
more unstructured.

cheers

pk

-----Original Message-----
From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 6:23 PM
To: Peter Kacandes
Cc: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML
Schema?]

<Quote1>
For a whole variety of reasons, XForms is pretty much wholly inadequate,
</Quote1>

Not disagreeing, but curious - would you be willing to elaborate on this
"variety of reasons"?

<Quote2>
which is pretty much why none of the significant eForms vendors are
supporting it.
</Quote2>

Another reason may be that it is not yet a W3C Recommendation (it just
became a Proposed Rec last week).

Joe

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.