Subject: Re: [regrep] New OASIS TC FAQ Pages

Here are my modified answers:

WHAT IS AN XML REGISTRY?

An XML registry is an information system that stores XML artifacts
(e.g., XML schemas, data elements, etc.) and non-XML artifacts (e.g.
supporting documents), as well as details (metadata) about the
artifacts. The storage facility (e.g., a filesystem or database) that
holds registered objects is known as a repository, while the part of the
information system that maintains the metadata for the registered
objects is known as a registry.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN XML REGISTRY?

The benefits of an XML Registry are numerous and include:

(1) Promotes efficient discovery and maintenance of registered objects

(2) Enables efficient version control for registered objects

(3) Promotes unified understanding of registered objects-Because
metadata for registered objects is accessible from a single location, a
unified understanding of the purpose of the registered objects will be
promoted

(4) Ensures availability and reuse of authoritative XML-A controlled
registration and validation of XML artifacts from authoritative sources
promotes interoperability between trading partners, and facilitates
greater reuse

(5) Enables collaborative development-Users can create XML artifacts and
submit them to an XML registry for use and potential enhancement by
authorized parties. The enhanced versions can then be made available for
access by other authorized parties.

Thanks,
Joe

"Breininger, Kathryn R" wrote:

> Here is the note from Carol.  Yes, we do indeed have a link on our public page as a place holder.  Joe, if you modify the answer to the one question as Monica suggested, I will send those two questions to Carol.  We can have more added as we develop them.  Sound okay to everyone?
>
> Kathryn

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano