Subject: Re: [regrep] Draft Brochure / IDA

<Quote>
Yest, the IDA b2b frmaework study (see extract below) and others
(implicitly) see a convergence of UDDI & ebXMLRegistry ...
</Quote>

I believe this should be out of our scope, as our mission for the
brochure is not to address ebXML and UDDI, but ebXML (please correct me
if I'm wrong). After all, there *are* other views: ;)

http://www.webservices.org/index.php/article/articleview/984/1/24/

Joe

Carl Mattocks wrote:

> Your thoughts please on the difference between regulated and unregulated exchange..
>
> Federated Registries:
> The brochure is focused on federated registries. Yest, the IDA b2b frmaework study (see extract below) and others (implicitly) see a convergence of UDDI & ebXMLRegistry ...
>
> I think it would be helpful for the brochure to explain  how/why ebXMLRegistry is best for 'regulated exchange'..
>
> „B      Business Registries     and Repositories
>         UDDI (Universal Discovery Directory Interface)  WS      OASIS   Directory of Web Services. New 2003 version much more usable. Still under question for real usage domain.       Not usable before design of the "T models" generic services descriptions. Still questionable, but may be used to extend directories capabilities. Will probably be used by ebXML and also in some particular sectors.
>         ebXML Registry/
> Repository      ebXML   OASIS   Access to rich information repositories. Under development in many communities and administrations (Schemas repositories).      ebXML work will be adopted for repositories. ebXML and UDDI will probably converge for registries. Some differences may remain, which reflect differences between regulated and unregulated exchange. See fig.2 (Appendix)
>
> carl
>
> Carl Mattocks CEO CHECKMi
> CarlMattocks@CHECKMi.com
> CarlCHECKMI (IM)
> voicemail:(usa) 908 322 8715
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano