Subject: [Fwd: ebXML: Will it Gain Traction in the US?]

For those not on ebXML-dev.

Joe
--- Begin Message ---
Last evening I attended a technology session (Semantic Web) here in the
Washington D.C. area, and the discussion drifted briefly toward adoption
of ebXML worldwide. Several attendees expressed sentiments that it
appears that ebXML (as a whole) is gaining a lot of traction in Europe
and Asia, but not here in the US (please note: I am not expressing my
view, but rather the view of the attendees). One attendee noted the
following 3 recent articles on ebXML Forum:

- "Report recommends adoption of ebXML for European public
administration networks"

- "Two new ebXML applications unveiled in Hong Kong"

- "ebXML gains traction in Japan"

My questions are:

(1) Is this observation valid?

(2) If so, what is the projected future direction of ebXML adoption here
in the US? Will it increase, decrease, or remain the same?

(3) If we were to consider the various "components" of ebXML (business
processes, registry, collaboration, etc.) rather than ebXML as a
framework, do any components in particular look more promising than
others for adoption here in the US?

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano