Subject: Re: [regrep] Current Barriers to *Widespread* Adoption of XML Registries

Jopseph:

Definately there is a barrier to the understanding of what a registry
CAN do but we are seeing more and more RFP/Q's  and architecture with a
registry in them so even if someone does not think of ebXML, the
registry bit is there.

Lack of vendors is another issue.  Big vendors and consultants help
write RFI/P/Q's.  If they don;t have a registry in their stable, chances
are neither will their architecture unless the customer demands it.

Third - the big ROI of a Registry often can come when other applications
start to programmatically access it for auto configuration etc.  Not
many existing applications are registry enabled.  One exception was XML
Global's Transformation engine which actually let a user save a
transformation map to the registry or retrieve it from one.

How to solve these???

Keep evangelizing, write more archtiectures and write some free code for
others to embed in their applciations to browse and save items to a
registry as easily as saving to their hard drive.

I have way more ideas  - share them later.

Cheers

/d