Subject: Re: [regrep] [For Kathryn][Fwd: Groups - oasis - Reminder to voteon ballot "Ballot for submitting OASIS/ebXML Registry Services Specificationv2.1 for public review."]

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Kathryn,
>
>I'm really sorry for asking this, since I'm sure you've explained it
>before either in an e-mail or on the last TC call (which I was pulled
>away from for a meeting). Can you please explain why we're voting on
>this? The only explanation given in the link is:
>
>"Shall the OASIS ebXML Registry TC submit the OASIS/ebXML Registry
>Services Specification v2.1 for public review?"

OASIS would like to submit our specs for ISO Standardization. In order
to do so the
submitted version must be approved as an OASIS standard. Version 2.5
will not be ready
for OASIS standardization for a few months. Version 2.0 is an approved
standard but
version 2.1 fixes some important bugs.

As a tactical move we are submitting version 2.1 for OASIS
standardization so that it can be
submitted for ISO Standardization.