Subject: RE: [regrep] Question

We do have a meeting scheduled for December 18th, and could discuss it then if needed.  In the meantime, l would like to see some discussion on the list regarding your proposal.

Kathryn

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 4:20 AM
To: Diego Ballvé
Cc: Chiusano Joseph; Duane Nickull; regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

Diego Ballvé wrote:

>Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>

>>Duane,
>>
>>I see you've gotten some good responses from Farrukh and
>>David. I'd like
>>to add [1] as related, in that it references I18N capability for all
>>Slots.
>>
>>Joe
>>
>>[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200309/msg00003.html
>>

>++1. This topic has been touched a few times but hasn't gone forward.
>Users around the world are not happy/comfortable only with English.
>As Duane is experiencing now and we have experienced with LomakeFi,
>there are situations that different languages (and knowledge about
>these languages) are required, not only for RO name/description, but
>also for Slots.
>
>Diego

+++1

Since we are not planning a meeting until after new years I propose that
we resolve this issue over email.
My suggestion in the original email was quite simple:

-Replace the type of the value attribute in Slot from string to
InternationalString.

Are there any objections? Kathryn, can we put the issue to vote as follows:

"Should the type of the value attribute of Slot be changed from string
to InternationalString to allow Slots to be Internationalized?"

The reference URL should be:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200311/msg00033.html

If approved I volunteer to take ownership of the issue and making the
changes necessary. Thanks.

| Going to XML 2003, Dec 8-12, Philadelphia PA?                          |
| Come see a very cool presentation and demo:                            |
|   "Epidemic Management Using OASIS ebXML, UBL and XACML Standards      |
| When: Wednesday, December 10 / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM                       |
| Details at:                                                            |
|   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/interopdemos_oasis.asp#4    |