Subject: Prototype Z39.50 interface to ebXML Registry

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> I will keep the TC informed on the progress on this activity.Thanks.

I am pleased to report that Matthew Dovey has offered to work with me on
developing a prototype Z39.50 interface for the freebXML Registry. His
colleagues Antony and Colin may also be involved with this work.

I propose that review this prototype work within the TC once completed
and use it as input to our future spec work and potentially adding
normative support for the Z39.50 search service.

I want to thank Elliot Christian for describing the vision of this
search service and getting us together to collaborate on it.

| Going to XML 2003, Dec 8-12, Philadelphia PA?                          |
| Come see a very cool presentation and demo:                            |
|   "Epidemic Management Using OASIS ebXML, UBL and XACML Standards      |
| When: Wednesday, December 10 / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM                       |
| Details at:                                                            |
|   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/interopdemos_oasis.asp#4    |