Subject: [UDDI and Semantics] [Fwd: Semantics and choreographies]

Regarding our discussions of semantics for v4:

Forwarding from the W3C Choreography Public list - subject: UDDI and
semantics.

Joe
--- Begin Message ---

Hi Steve,

The OASIS UDDI TC is currently discussing how to express semantics inside UDDI, and it might be useful background material for our discussions on WS-Chor semantics.

There is certainly a direct connection in the part that you describe as "locating a choreography and checking that it matches the requirements of a requesting Web Service" (it roughly corresponds to finding a Web service in UDDI that provides some desired service capabilities).

But there might be other relevant areas. For instance, one of the discussions in UDDI is whether the UDDI registry should just have references to RDF expressions and ontology statements and let other engines deal with the reasoning part, or instead have a reasoning engine included and draw inferences itself. I would imagine something similar could be discussed for choreography.

Ugo