Subject: Alignment with Semantic Web

Team,

It has been some time since we discussed the proposed V4 task of
aligning ebXML Registry with the semantic web technologies such as RDF
and OWL.

I have been informally engaged in brainstorming and architectural
conversation with several team members informally on how we can add
support in RIM for RDF descriptions and OWL ontology's. Several external
entities have also informally expressed strong interest in seeing ebXML
Registry align with and support RDF and OWL in private exchanges and in
some cases expressed interest in formal liaising with a focus on
semantic web. I have also been asked if there exists a mailing list
where people can join as observers to keep up with our work on alignment
with the Semantic Web.

In light of these developments I propose that we formalize our work on
aligning ebXML Registry with Semantic Web Technologies by creating a
"Semantic Web" subcommittee and beginning our discussions openly on that
mailing list. I also volunteer to chair this subcommittee if the team
approves it.

Please share your thoughts, questions and comments on this thread. Thanks.

| Going to XML 2003, Dec 8-12, Philadelphia PA?                          |
| Come see a very cool presentation and demo:                            |
|   "Epidemic Management Using OASIS ebXML, UBL and XACML Standards      |
| When: Wednesday, December 10 / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM                       |
| Details at:                                                            |
|   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/interopdemos_oasis.asp#4    |