Subject: Re: [regrep] Alignment with Semantic Web

Farrukh,

I second those ideas, and would like to be part of this subcommittee.

Joe

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Team,
>
> It has been some time since we discussed the proposed V4 task of
> aligning ebXML Registry with the semantic web technologies such as RDF
> and OWL.
>
> I have been informally engaged in brainstorming and architectural
> conversation with several team members informally on how we can add
> support in RIM for RDF descriptions and OWL ontology's. Several external
> entities have also informally expressed strong interest in seeing ebXML
> Registry align with and support RDF and OWL in private exchanges and in
> some cases expressed interest in formal liaising with a focus on
> semantic web. I have also been asked if there exists a mailing list
> where people can join as observers to keep up with our work on alignment
> with the Semantic Web.
>
> In light of these developments I propose that we formalize our work on
> aligning ebXML Registry with Semantic Web Technologies by creating a
> "Semantic Web" subcommittee and beginning our discussions openly on that
> mailing list. I also volunteer to chair this subcommittee if the team
> approves it.
>
> Please share your thoughts, questions and comments on this thread. Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh
>
> |========================================================================|
> |                                                                        |
> | Going to XML 2003, Dec 8-12, Philadelphia PA?                          |
> |                                                                        |
> | Come see a very cool presentation and demo:                            |
> |   "Epidemic Management Using OASIS ebXML, UBL and XACML Standards      |
> |                                                                        |
> | When: Wednesday, December 10 / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM                       |
> |                                                                        |
> | Details at:                                                            |
> |   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/interopdemos_oasis.asp#4    |
> |                                                                        |
> |========================================================================|

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano