Subject: Resolving Schema versioning

Jonathan,

I'm not on XML-Dev, but Joe Chiusano forwarded your message
to the Registry team.

In regard to versioning schema - this is one of the
eBusiness specific problems that OASIS CAM templates
are designed to solve specifically using UID references
to content elements - and then the UID reference can be
version and subversioned.

The neat thing about this is that the CAM template also
provides integration to registry - and therefore you can put
your content definitions there to provide dynamic resolving
of rules.

You can find out more about CAM from our SWIKI,

http://cam.swiki.net

and of course from the OASIS TC CAM area.

I can also tell you that the latest copy of VisualScript will
have a CAM designer template in it - and this is going to
be available on pre-release next week - and then general
release in a couple more weeks.

The CAM team is also working on defining WSDL interfacing
so you can deploy CAM as a registry service.

Thanks, DW