Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Registry and Content Management (was Re: [regrep]Meeting agenda and reminder for ebXML Registry telecon December 18th, 2003)

For those who wish to view our chosen space from the point of view of
folks with differing perspectives...

<Ontologies with an Object Oriented bent> :-)

Ontologies
-- Ontology Development 101: A Guide to Creating Your First Ontology (an
academic paper)
http://protege.stanford.edu/publications/ontology_development/ontology101.html

 <The Semantic web by those who know  ....>

The Semantic Web
-- Official W3C Site - http://www.w3c.org/2001/sw/
-- Business Week: The Next Web -
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/02_09/b3772108.htm
-- Building the Semantic Web -
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/03/07/buildingsw.html
-- Scientific American: The Semantic Web -
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=00048144-10D2-1C70-84A9809EC588EF21
-- Information Week: The Next Web
-http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20021010S0016

 <Artifact management for Quality Purposes >

Data Quality
-- Book: Improving Data Warehouse and Business Information Quality:
Methods for Reducing Costs and Increasing Profits, Larry English
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471253839/qid=1037289704/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6410919-4597414?v=glance&s=books
-- Ten Mistakes to Avoid if Your Data Warehouse is to Deliver Quality
Information - http://dssresources.com/papers/features/english08112002.html
-- Data Quality and the Bottom Line: Achieving Business Success through a
Commitment to High Quality Data -
http://www.dw-institute.com/research/display.asp?id=6028
-- Real-Time (Zero Latency) Enterprise - a semantic approach is one key
enabler for this vision - http://www.kpcb.com/files/bios/RTEWHITEPAPER.pdf

< Repositories are ggod >
Metadata & Metadata Repositories
-- Book: Building and Managing the Meta Data Repository: A Full Lifecycle
Guide -
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/gateway.html/103-6410919-4597414#A1VPVES12XOWFN
-- The changing face of repositories -
http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=5748
-- Meta is the word - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=3799
-- Meta data repository architecture techniques -
http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6126
-- Overcoming the Obstacles to META DATA Management -
http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=2641
-- Ignore Meta Data Strategy At Your Peril -
http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=3540
-- To buy or not to buy a repository -
http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6448
-- Which comes first, the meta data repository or the data warehouse? -
http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=5946

<quote who="Farrukh Najmi">
> John Gillerman wrote:
>
>>Farrukh,
>>
>>At the risk of sounding grandiose, I would like to suggest that an RDF
>> based
>>information model in the registry has application beyond ECM.
>>
> +1
>
> The choice for Semantic "Content Management" in name of SC has to do
> with the fact that from the registry perspective nearly every thing is
> either content or metadata about the content. For example, Service
> descriptions, actual services, agents etc. are all at some level just
> content / metadata that the registry manages.

> BTW, I would like to start collecting semantic web related resources
> that people have found useful. Please share even if you think it may be
> too basic.
>
> Here is a nice gentle begining with a 10 slide overview of Web Ontology
> WG and OWL:
>
> http://www.w3c.org/2003/Talks/0522-webont-hendler

enjoy
Carl