Subject: Re: [regrep] RDF Data Access WG Charter

<Quote1>
Do you think that if ebXML Registry version 4 provides first class
support for publish and discovery of RDF and OWL content that it would
essentially be providing all the functionality provided by the RDF Net
API? If so am I correct to assume that it would actually provide a
super-set of functionality of RDF Net API?
</Quote1>

Actually, I was thinking of it in the opposite way - that ebXML Registry
could provide an interface to RDF Net API, in which the RDF Net API
operations could be translated real-time into ebXML Registry operations.
Does that make any sense?

<Quote2>
Also, did you get any sense of whether RDF Net API was on a standards
track anywhere yet?
</Quote2>

The only information mentioned was that it had been submitted to W3C in
October.

Thanks,
Joe

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
> >Farrukh,
> >
> >Thanks for this information. I attended an XML 2003 session [1] given by
> >Graham Moore (co-author, RDF Net API) that covered RDF Data Access, and
> >found it very interesting.
> >
> >Joe
> >
> >[1] "Semantic Web Servers - Engineering the Semantic Web":
> >http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/thursday.asp#35
> >

> I did not attend that session. Do you think that if ebXML Registry
> version 4 provides first class support for publish and discovery of RDF
> and OWL content that it would essentially be providing all the
> functionality provided by the RDF Net API? If so am I correct to assume
> that it would actually provide a super-set of functionality of RDF Net API?
>
> Also, did you get any sense of whether RDF Net API was on a standards
> track anywhere yet? Thanks.
>
> Happy new year everyone.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano