Subject: Re: [regrep] RDF Data Access WG Charter

Joe,

This is interesting.  If the RDF Net API is truely a remote access device,
then this represents a FUNDAMENTAL and huge 180' about turn for
Tim Bernes-Lee and the W3C.

For the past ten years the mantra has been - NO single point of failure -
ALL content must be locally addressable.  Hence all the architecture
around schema parsers,  DOM, RDF files and more - where
everything is using URL includes and local copies in memory.
And definately NO stinking registries / remote referencing as the web
must be fault tolerant - hence the DNS system, and multiple routing paths
for content, et al.

So - if they are changing their position here - then it represents
a major opportunity for ebXML Registry to become a component
in the W3C landscape, especially federated registry.

However - something tells me that its not that simple - and there
are loads of gotchas - and instead of making it simple and
clean - there's opportunity to make it as complex as possible.

I wonder what the likelihood of them endorsing an ISO (aka OASIS registry)
specification - of course if it was just an OASIS spec' - that # is 0.00% -
but
now ISO - they already using ISO language codes, et al, so that makes it
interesting.... I'd say # is probably 5.00% / +- 2%

DW.