Subject: [Semantic Content Management SC] Suggested reading

It is great to see all the good discussion around the Semantic Content Management, Ontologies, Topic Maps, OWL, RDF etc.

Many of us are ramping up on our knowledge of the Semantic Web technologies. Lets use this thread to share interesting and relevant links that help our collective understanding:

Carl had got the ball rolling with several good links at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200312/msg00060.html

Among Carl's suggested list, the Ontology 101 is a good place to start. You may want to download Protege 2.0 beta from http://protege.stanford.edu and the OWL plug in to get a more hands on feel if you wish.

The official W3C OWL documents are listed at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-features-20031215/#s1.1

I suggest reading them in following order:

OWL Overview, OWL Guide, OWL Reference (skip OWL Semantics and Abstract Syntax, OWL Web Ontology Language Test Cases).

The last document OWL Use Cases and Requirements looks useful though I have not read it yet.

Please add more useful links in response to this thread.

Once again please vote if you have not done so already on the SCM SC:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/ballot.php?id=304&

Thanks.