Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Registry: Deviations from CCTS

Duane,

I think we're talking about the same thing but missing a piece here.

What I'm talking about works with or without a CAM processor
available as a service of the registry.

The CAM team is defining the XSD for storing in XML the
semantic content of an element or attribute.  That is the XML
you will get back if you query the registry for a specific
content reference ID.

Now if you use a simple Registry association link - a
bi-directional one - from that XML instance stored in
regisrty to a node in the RIM of a CCTS - then if you
query the CCTS RIM object - you can optionally get back
all the XML from those semantic entries - or vice versa -
you can find the CCTS model for an XML definition.

That's why I'm not seeing we need to change anything on
the CCTS front, we just need to add the means to store
XML semantics in a consistent format and simply link
the two.

Similarly for a BIE you can store a CAM template
sub-assembly (as XML) right now today - and then
link it to the CCTS BIE - so anyone wanting that - will just
put that include instruction for the CAM processor into their
transaction definition template.

Simple use of XML instances to carry the required semantic
detail.   The Registry SCM can define what that semantic
structure looks like - and the CAM draft provides a useful
start point.   What I especially like is that we are keeping
the semantic XML very simple in this way - and using
the Registry RIM to do the hardwork for us.

Thanks, DW.