Subject: Re: [regrep] regrep-semantic SC is up ...

     Carl and Farrukh, I'm interested in seeing a copy of that paper.  Let
me also share two suggestions.
     (1) On the technical side, for material made available to the TC, the
most efficient and accessible way to disseminate it is to upload it to the
TC (or SC) document repository.  That way it's upload once, download many
times, not a big attachment clogging e-mail.  See
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep-semantic/members/upload.php.

     (2)  Substantively, we are exploring several other potential OASIS
connections with semantic methods.  I noted that this new SC charter names
only the W3C OWL people as a potential resource.   As some of us discussed
last month at XML2003, there are many  other loci of OWL (and
rules/DAML/TM) people connected to OASIS;  we hope to help encourage some
collaboration in this space.  Your subcommittee might consider keeping the
list of potential fellow-travelers more open, and less
exclusive-looking.  ebXML Registry is potentially a very important early
adopter of these methods for transactional and other uses.   Best regards &
good luck with the new effort.  JBC