Subject: Re: [regrep] UDDI FAQ entry on ebXML Registry

Keep in mind that we're discussing the text that will be used in the UDDI
FAQ. We're trying to answer the question, "How does UDDI relate with ebXML
Reg/Rep?"

I wrote the first version of the FAQ. Luc sent it to Farrukh for his
comments. Our goal is to help users understand the difference between the
two registries. Therefore I'd like to call out the differentiations between
the two systems rather than focus on the similarities.

My initial text drew on the fact that ebXML is focused on B2B interactions,
but I gather that you don't like that distinction. My second suggestion
focused on the fact that RegRep is aimed at supporting the ebXML
infrastructure, while UDDI supports the Web services infrastructure.

If you deem that ebXML Rep/Reg has stronger application in specific
domains, then I think that's a good distinction to make. I appreciate any
recommendations you might have.

Anne