Subject: [Fwd: Re: WSDL and pub/sub]

FYI...

Interesting thread on public-ws-chor@w3.org on ebXML Registry event
notification.
Archives may be viewed at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: WSDL and pub/sub
Date: 	Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:38:33 -0500
From: 	Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM>
To: 	david.burdett@commerceone.com
CC: 	chiusano_joseph@bah.com, UCorda@SeeBeyond.com,
Monica.Martin@Sun.COM, andyb@whyanbeel.net, steve@enigmatec.net,
public-ws-chor@w3.org

david.burdett@commerceone.com wrote:

>Monica, Joseph, Ugo et al
>
>A question. Just suppose you wanted to use the ebXML RR spec with other XML documents designed to support the Auction use case I described earlier, would there be any issues that you can think of. For example ... would you need to have an ebXML Registry to store information about Auction objects?

David,

Funny you should mention an auction scenario and ebXML Registry. See a
recent exchange below where I used the same scenario in the context of
ebXML Registry event notification.

I feel that ebXML Registry event notification could be used to support
multi-party collaboration scenarios as the next logical step from binary
collaborations exemplified by ebXML Messaging and SOAP.

As it currently stands, registry events are only triggered when a
CREATE/UPADTE/DELETE operation occurs
in the registry. For example a BiddableObject must be written to
registry to represent that something is open for bids. Bidders would be
subscribed to BiddableObjects and will be notified. They can then write
Bid objects to the registry. The auctioneer would be subscribed to Bids
for "their" BiddableObjects and will be notified when a Bid is placed.
They would have to write a BidResult object to registry when bidding
closes and all Bidders would be notified of the BidResult.

So yes several objects would have to be written to the registry in order
to support this scenario.

-------- Original Message from Farrukh on regrep in reply to Joe  --------