Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [regrep-comment] Public Comment]

I fully support this - in fact, there was a discussion about this very
concept today at the XML.gov Users Group (David Webber was there as
well). The question came up of how one can harmonize submitted data
elements with existing elements in a registry, and I commented that one
should be able to use (for example) SQL Query to find elements whose
names are %LIKE% the submitted element (and potentially other criteria
such as classification, to ensure that context comes into play during
such an operation).

So if one were able to supply (for example) an element name as a
parameter to a SQL Query (that is perhaps a stored procedure), that
would enable a "semi-automated harmonization function" to be possible
for the registry. I say "semi" because there should - at some point - be
a human in the loop to inspect the results and make determinations on
accuracy of the results.

Oh, yeah, and our semantic-aware registry registry would certainly make
this much easier...

Joe