Subject: ebXML Registry focus

Fellow RegReps,
There has been a lot of activity on the list lately, and lots of ideas.
Exploring new ideas and ways to enhance the ebXML Registry Standards are
what we do best!  In our enthusiasm and excitement, we may find
ourselves running in directions that are getting away from the scope of
the TC. I have copied and attached here the Statement of Purpose for the
ebXML Registry TC (from our charter) to remind us where our focus is:

"The OASIS ebXML Registry TC develops specifications to achieve
interoperable registries and repositories, with an interface that
enables submission, query and retrieval on the contents of the registry
and repository. Further, the Registry TC seeks to develop specifications
that serve a wide range of uses, covering the spectrum from general
purpose document registries to real-time business-to-business
registries. Additionally, as part of its specification development work,
this TC explores and promotes various emerging models for distributed
and cooperating registries."

Just reminding us of our primary focus and charter, and to consider how
our ideas can be channeled to support them.

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies