Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: Why not use ebXML Registry for OASIS documentrmanagement?

Versioning is in the spec, what do you mean by version control? Perforce/CVS like features? (branching, tagging, etc?).

On Apr 8, 2004, at 3:15 PM, Karl F. Best wrote:

Farrukh:

How long until version control is part of the spec? When will software be available?

-Karl

Farrukh Najmi wrote:
Hi Karl,
I am curious if you have considered using an ebXML Registry for all your document management needs.
I would welcome your engaging with the TC if the specs are lacking some critical features. I would be interested
in understanding what led you to subversion instead of ebXML Registry.
An obvious missing feature is version control and you may not be aware but the TC is working on adding version control
to our version 3.0 specs.
Any other reasons that prevented you from using ebXML Registry as your doc management system?