Subject: Re: [regrep] service discovery,finding an object's registry with only an ID...

Duane,

DNS-SD uses vanilla unicast DNS. No changes required. DNS-SD defines the format of the SRV and TXT DNS records...content is up to us.

-Matt

On Apr 19, 2004, at 1:27 PM, Duane Nickull wrote:

David:

You may have inadvertently misunderstood Matt's original email. He was suggesting a way to use a recent enhancement to DNS to resolve locating and binding to registries (Matt - correct me if I am wrong). What you are suggesting could be done after the stuff Matt has suggested.

One question I did have in the original email is if the "HBindPrefix=/ebxml-registry/http-binding" is directly from the DNS-SD or if it there is any extension we would have to request to DNS-SD in order to make it work.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist
Adobe Systems, Inc.