Subject: Re: [regrep] service discovery, finding an object's registry with only an ID...

Agreed on the DNS approach.
I  expect it will operate like the ' ... EPC Network system, each company
will have a server running its own Object Name Service (ONS). Like DNS,
which points Web browsers to the server where they can download the Web
site for any particular Web address, ONS will point computers looking up
EPC numbers to information stored on something called EPC Information
Services—servers that store information about products. Companies may
maintain their own EPC Information Services or subcontract it out, but it
will use a distributed architecture, with information about products in
more than one secure database on the Web....'

Final draft of EbXML Semantic Grid was due today.. I will distribute it asap

<quote who="Matthew MacKenzie">

--
Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums