Subject: Re: [regrep] service discovery,finding an object's registry withonlyan ID...

Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:

>Duane Nickull wrote:
>

>>As a sidenote, I am in Amsterdam for XML Europe 2004 with Farrukh.
>>Just about every talk I attended ( I don't count mine) today had a
>>long range roadmap that included a "Registry".
>>

>Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case with the US-based XML
>conference (at least those up to now).
>

>>Most favor use of the ebXML Registry system for its feature set and
>>ease of use.
>>

>See comment just above.
>
>Joe

I was at XML 2003 in Phily and ebXML Registry was front and center in
the Adobe keynote address (thanks to their aquisition of YDS (Duane and
Matt's company).

But I must say that ebXML Registry was much more ubiquituous at XML
Europe in comparison to XML 2003. This *WILL* change over the next year.

PS: +1 on Matts DNS-SD idea.