Subject: Re: [regrep] Dynamic Discovery/Binding/Invocation

David RR Webber wrote:

> Joe,
>
> See the CAM specification ; -)

Yes, I have to re-review it (it's been a few months since I looked at it
- so much to do...)

> The <ExternalMapping> section allows you to relate
> content directly to a SQL table or tables.  Therefore
> you can have a Context rule given off the backend
> system - say SAP, PeopleSoft, Baan, etc - and
> have the content automatically dumped into a
> database queue as needed.
>
> Of course this requires that someone has
> pre-configured these mappings to a selection
> of popular solutions for the industry service
> sector - and that the partner be using one
> of those.

Yes - I was actually looking for more "uninformed dynamism" than that
(not a criticism of CAM at all, just a statement that my hopes might be
too high). IOW, I was looking for a case where nothing would be
know/configured beforehand, and poof! - it happens.

Perhaps April 2008?

Joe