Subject: Re: [regrep] [Proposed Change] Replace Association confirmation withreference access control

In the YDS implementation, we used a unix like model for hierarchical
classification schemes.  If I own node "A", then only I can bestow
permissions to other users to RWD nodes with "A" as a parent, directly
or indirectly.

I can also lock my node from others making reference to it or even
seeing it without my permission.

What I was getting at is that maybe requiring a blessing is not needed.
 We simply allow unilateral assertions that "PartyA" says that their
object "foo" is associated to "PartyB"'s object "bar" and make it
visible whether B has responded or not.  That way, If B disagrees, he
simply does nothing.

Unilateral associations are important to acknowledge as something that
will happen.  It is unlikely that all users of a registry ecosystem will
ever arrive at complete consensus.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist