Subject: Re: [regrep] Folder proposal overview

David RR Webber wrote:

> With the simple addition of 'Public' and 'Private' access
> models when you create a new folder - seems like this would be very
> doable.  The Registry administrator would still need to approve
> stuff to make it visible via the registry....

This remind me of something. Our specs do not hide Unapproved objects
from the public automatically.
We treat that use case as an Access Control issue. A publisher can
associate a custom access control policy with
their objects that says that the object is only visible to the public if
its status is Approved. A registry could also
make that behavior its defauolt access control policy. However, our
specs only provide the primitives and let
registry operators and publishers make the call.