Subject: ebRIM

In the eGov TC, we currently have a sub-committee looking at the use of the
ebXML registry for storing schema components for Government use. As part of
this project, we have been mapping various metadata models to the ebRIM.

We have found that there are several places where we need to map a person to
the RIM, but the RIM only has a class for "User". Examples from the UK
metadata standard are Creator and Contributor.

The position is similar for an organisation, which can also be a Creator or
Contributor, and can also be a Publisher.

Would it not be sensible to create classes for Person and Organisation, and
define roles derived from these classes? It would be great to have this
before version 3 of the ebRIM is finalised as that is going to be the basis
for this work.

Regards

Paul Spencer
Director