Subject: Re: [regrep] FAQ proposal

Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:

>Please note- we have an FAQ page
>(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/faq.php).  It was posted
>sometime last year.  We are encouraged to submit additional questions
>and answers (I forward to OASIS).  Also, I do not believe we should post
>FAQs for freebXML or other solutions on the OASIS TC website.
>
>Please let me know which specific questions and answers you would like
>to have submitted.

Oops! I guess I should have looked more carefully :-)

What would be a nice improvement is a web interface that will allow
anyone to add an FAQ and authorized people to post answers and edit
questions posted directly.

FAQs are usually build organically. The overhead of going through email
request and seeing them processed discurages rapid building of an FAQ.
This is one of the valuable lessons I have learned from working on open
source projects.

More importantly, we need someone to take ownership of compiling the
questions and providing the draft answers for TC review.