Subject: Re: [regrep] [TN Proposal] Mapping Business Information Models toebXML RegistryInformation Model (Was: [regrep] UN/CEFACT-ICG adopts freebXMLRegistry)

Duane,

Ok - I see what you have done.

I'm not sure I like this approach from the point of interoperability and
predicability.

Unfortunately - this idea of using attributes to carry type information
and values - I'm
sensing is too extensible.  It's OK for on-the-fly prototyping work -
but once you move
beyond that - we need more formal design based on use cases.

Otherwise you can never quite be sure what you will get
returned...unless you wrote it there
in the first place.  Also versioning is problematic for similar reasons.

I believe we need a blend here of the approaches.  The SCM noun provides
more
formalization of the content and semantics.  And we also worked on just
a descreet set
of use cases - multi-lingual support,  content validation, referencing
to CCTS model,
and business rule semantics.

See attached noun XSD.

DW.
Duane Nickull wrote:

> [...]
>        </xsd:schema>
>    </Representation>
>      <!--Start of another context here-->
>    <Representation type="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> context="urn:uuid:6563671c-5008-464c-5b38-1377054b5a7a">
>    <!--schema here-->
>    <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
>    <xsd:element name="Pr&#233;nom">
>      <xsd:complexType>
>       <xsd:element name="ValeurDePr&#233;nom"/>
>        <xsd:simpleContent>
>          <xsd:extension base="xsd:string">
>        <xsd:attribute name="typeDePr&#233;nom" use="required">
>             <xsd:simpleType>
>            <xsd:restriction base="xsd:NMTOKEN">
>              <xsd:enumeration value="01 - Donn&#233; a la naissance"/>
>              <xsd:enumeration value="02 - Dit"/>
>              <xsd:enumeration value="03 - Nom de Troupe"/>
>              <xsd:enumeration value="04 - Nom Chang&#233;"/>
>              <xsd:enumeration value="05 - Autre"/>
>            </xsd:restriction>
>          </xsd:simpleType>
>        </xsd:attribute>
>        <xsd:attribute name="UUID"
>                      type="xsd:string"
>
> fixed="urn:uuid:2a134824-2d14-7067-0b63-233c2a644e6e"/>
>          </xsd:extension>
>        </xsd:simpleContent>
>        </xsd:complexType>
>    </xsd:element>
>        </xsd:schema>
>    </Representation>
>
>    </Representations>
>
> </DataElement>
>

> Duane
>
> David RR Webber wrote:
>
>> Duane,
>>
>> OK - the SCM noun is actually engineered the other way around.
>>
>> It allows you to point to a CC instance using CCTS terminology - such
>> as ABIE, BCC, ACC, and so on - and therefore provide one or more
>> phyical renderings that relate to a high level CCTS object.
>>
>> But your mechanism also works - where the CC instance can point to a
>> noun instance in the registry.
>> I would suggest you use a LID based interface for this - rather than
>> a UUID based one.
>>
>> Something like:
>>
>> <Property type="ebNoun" registry_addressing="http-binding goes here"
>> referenceID="LID_value"/>
>>
>> Thanks, DW
>> ======================================
>> Duane Nickull wrote:

>>> You may have misinterpretted my email. I would never advocate that
>>> the registry does the assembly, just serves up the artifactrs
>>> necessary to be assembled to something like jCAM or whatever else.
>>>
>>> Even jCAM has requirements on what must be present in each artifact
>>> it assembles.  I would welcome your comments on the CC-Review
>>> document as to whether or not they appear to appease CAM's needs.
>>> I did make a format that allows CAM users to place their own
>>> information into a CC or BIE without affecting other users.  For
>>> example, if there is a property that only CAM users need, they can
>>> have it declared wityhin the CC instance:
>>>
>>> <Property type="jCAM_user_ID_here" value="UUID:URN:DRRW1001" />

<!-- format for storing metadata about a noun in a dictionary -->
<!-- version: 1.0
     status: draft
     revised: January 18, 2004
-->
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; elementFormDefault="qualified">
	<xs:element name="nounMetadata">
		<xs:complexType>
			<xs:sequence>
				<xs:element name="nounItem" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
					<xs:complexType>
						<xs:sequence>
							<xs:element name="defaultUID" type="xs:string"/>
							<xs:element ref="elementName"/>
							<xs:element name="identifiers" type="identifiersType"/>
							<xs:element name="CCTSlinkage">
								<xs:complexType>
									<xs:sequence>
										<xs:element name="annotation" type="annotationType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
										<xs:element name="componentName" type="xs:string"/>
										<xs:element name="identifiers" type="identifiersType"/>
									</xs:sequence>
								</xs:complexType>
							</xs:element>
							<xs:element name="metadataDetail">
								<xs:complexType>
									<xs:sequence>
										<xs:element name="itemDetails">
											<xs:complexType>
												<xs:sequence>
													<xs:element ref="elementName"/>
													<xs:element name="label" type="xs:string"/>
													<xs:element name="description">
														<xs:complexType>
															<xs:attribute name="extendedDescription" type="xs:string"/>
															<xs:attribute name="extendedMIMEtype" type="xs:string"/>
														</xs:complexType>
													</xs:element>
													<xs:element name="constraintDetail">
														<xs:complexType>
															<xs:sequence>
																<xs:element name="physicalFacets" minOccurs="0">
																	<xs:complexType>
																		<xs:sequence>
																			<xs:element name="facet" maxOccurs="unbounded">
																				<xs:complexType/>
																			</xs:element>
																			<xs:element name="linkage" type="linkageType" minOccurs="0"/>
																		</xs:sequence>
																	</xs:complexType>
																</xs:element>
																<xs:element name="ruleAssertions" minOccurs="0">
																	<xs:complexType>
																		<xs:sequence>
																			<xs:element name="assertion" maxOccurs="unbounded">
																				<xs:complexType>
																					<xs:simpleContent>
																						<xs:extension base="xs:string">
																							<xs:attribute name="syntax" use="required">
																								<xs:simpleType>
																									<xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN">
																										<xs:enumeration value="CAM"/>
																										<xs:enumeration value="XSD"/>
																										<xs:enumeration value="RELAX"/>
																										<xs:enumeration value="JavaScript"/>
																										<xs:enumeration value="XSLT"/>
																										<xs:enumeration value="XPath"/>
																										<xs:enumeration value="other"/>
																									</xs:restriction>
																								</xs:simpleType>
																							</xs:attribute>
																						</xs:extension>
																					</xs:simpleContent>
																				</xs:complexType>
																			</xs:element>
																			<xs:element name="linkage" type="linkageType" minOccurs="0"/>
																		</xs:sequence>
																	</xs:complexType>
																</xs:element>
															</xs:sequence>
														</xs:complexType>
													</xs:element>
													<xs:element name="extensionDefinitions" minOccurs="0">
														<xs:complexType>
															<xs:sequence>
																<xs:element name="extension">
																	<xs:complexType>
																		<xs:sequence>
																			<xs:element name="item" maxOccurs="unbounded">
																				<xs:complexType>
																					<xs:simpleContent>
																						<xs:extension base="xs:string">
																							<xs:attribute name="syntax" type="xs:string"/>
																						</xs:extension>
																					</xs:simpleContent>
																				</xs:complexType>
																			</xs:element>
																		</xs:sequence>
																		<xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
																		<xs:attribute name="type" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
																	</xs:complexType>
																</xs:element>
															</xs:sequence>
														</xs:complexType>
													</xs:element>
													<xs:element name="annotation" type="annotationType" minOccurs="0"/>
												</xs:sequence>
												<xs:attribute name="locale" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
											</xs:complexType>
										</xs:element>
										<xs:element name="associations" minOccurs="0">
											<xs:complexType>
												<xs:sequence>
													<xs:element name="association" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
														<xs:complexType>
															<xs:attribute name="reference" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
															<xs:attribute name="taxonomy" type="xs:string"/>
															<xs:attribute name="relationship" use="required">
																<xs:simpleType>
																	<xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN">
																		<xs:enumeration value="similar"/>
																		<xs:enumeration value="equivalent"/>
																	</xs:restriction>
																</xs:simpleType>
															</xs:attribute>
															<xs:attribute name="registry" type="xs:string"/>
														</xs:complexType>
													</xs:element>
												</xs:sequence>
											</xs:complexType>
										</xs:element>
									</xs:sequence>
									<xs:attribute name="locale" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
									<xs:attribute name="id" type="xs:string"/>
									<xs:attribute name="externalRef" type="xs:string"/>
								</xs:complexType>
							</xs:element>
						</xs:sequence>
						<xs:attribute name="type" use="required">
							<xs:simpleType>
								<xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN">
									<xs:enumeration value="Noun"/>
									<xs:enumeration value="Aggregate"/>
									<xs:enumeration value="BIE"/>
									<xs:enumeration value="Verb"/>
								</xs:restriction>
							</xs:simpleType>
						</xs:attribute>
						<xs:attribute name="locale" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
					</xs:complexType>
				</xs:element>
			</xs:sequence>
		</xs:complexType>
	</xs:element>
	<xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:complexType name="annotationType">
		<xs:sequence>
			<xs:element name="documentation" maxOccurs="unbounded">
				<xs:complexType>
					<xs:simpleContent>
						<xs:extension base="xs:string">
							<xs:attribute name="type" use="required">
								<xs:simpleType>
									<xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN">
										<xs:enumeration value="description"/>
										<xs:enumeration value="note"/>
										<xs:enumeration value="license"/>
										<xs:enumeration value="usage"/>
										<xs:enumeration value="other"/>
									</xs:restriction>
								</xs:simpleType>
							</xs:attribute>
						</xs:extension>
					</xs:simpleContent>
				</xs:complexType>
			</xs:element>
		</xs:sequence>
	</xs:complexType>
	<xs:element name="elementName" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:element name="facets">
		<xs:complexType>
			<xs:simpleContent>
				<xs:extension base="xs:string">
					<xs:attribute name="syntax" use="required">
						<xs:simpleType>
							<xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN">
								<xs:enumeration value="CAM"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="XSD"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="RELAX"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="JavaScript"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="XSLT"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="XPath"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="other"/>
							</xs:restriction>
						</xs:simpleType>
					</xs:attribute>
				</xs:extension>
			</xs:simpleContent>
		</xs:complexType>
	</xs:element>
	<xs:complexType name="identifiersType">
		<xs:sequence>
			<xs:element name="identifier" maxOccurs="unbounded">
				<xs:complexType>
					<xs:sequence>
						<xs:element name="annotation" type="annotationType"/>
					</xs:sequence>
					<xs:attribute name="taxonomy" use="required">
						<xs:simpleType>
							<xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN">
								<xs:enumeration value="UID"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="UUID"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="CoI"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Local"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Other"/>
							</xs:restriction>
						</xs:simpleType>
					</xs:attribute>
					<xs:attribute name="registry" type="xs:string"/>
					<xs:attribute name="value" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
				</xs:complexType>
			</xs:element>
		</xs:sequence>
	</xs:complexType>
	<xs:complexType name="linkageType">
		<xs:sequence>
			<xs:element name="itemLink">
				<xs:complexType>
					<xs:attribute name="name" use="required">
						<xs:simpleType>
							<xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN">
								<xs:enumeration value="Assembly"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Association"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Associations"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="BaseDetails"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Behaviour"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Constraints"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Context"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="CoreComponent"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="DefaultAssembly"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Description"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="ElementName"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="ExplanationOfUse"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="ExtendedDetails"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="ExtensionDefinitions"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Function"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Identifier"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Label"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="MetaInformation"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="PhysicalDetail"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Processes"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Schemas"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Usage"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="Validation"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="annotation"/>
								<xs:enumeration value="documentation"/>
							</xs:restriction>
						</xs:simpleType>
					</xs:attribute>
					<xs:attribute name="UIDReference" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
					<xs:attribute name="taxonomy" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
					<xs:attribute name="registry" type="xs:string"/>
				</xs:complexType>
			</xs:element>
		</xs:sequence>
		<xs:attribute name="syntax" use="required">
			<xs:simpleType>
				<xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN">
					<xs:enumeration value="CAM"/>
					<xs:enumeration value="XSD"/>