Subject: Re: [regrep] Impact of ICG Adoption on CCRIM SC (Was: [regrep]UN/CEFACT-ICGadopts freebXML Registry)

Duane,

This is not an elements v attributes holy war.

It's about understanding when and how to leverage each - and the
business use cases that we need to ensure work.

If I take a typical OAGi BOD or a UBL transaction with say 150 unique
business elements in it - and look to make individual
queries against those - in your attribute based method - if I want to
check say 5 properties I'm making 150 x 5 queries
via http-binding.  Can I say that I suspect this is not a good thing?
In the alternative approach - I'm making at most
150 queries.  There are other strategies with sub-assemblies and in-line
semantics and smart rule inferencing that when
you have a CAM template as well can get this down toward 50 or less.

DW