Subject: Re: [regrep] Groups - patch-rim-query.txt uploaded

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Richard Martell wrote:
>
>> <complexType name="QueryExpressionType" id="QueryExpressionType"
>>  mixed="true">
>>  <sequence>
>>    <any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" />
>>  </sequence>
>>  <attribute name="queryLang" type="anyURI" use="required"/>
>>  <attribute name="version" type="string" use="required" />
>> </complexType>
>>

> It is the above syntax for <any> that I am not familiar with. I
> understand that it allows any element to be use in its place.
> However, some details on the <any> element and its attributes would be
> great.

QueryExpressionType defines a mixed content model (allows text) and
permits any markup from a 'foreign' namespace (i.e., any namespace
other than the target namespace). The processContents="lax" attribute
suggests that the processor should attempt to validate the content
against its schema ("strict" or "skip" are other permissible values).

> Also an example with an SQL query (e.g. "SELECT id FROM Organization")
> and another with an equivalent filter query would be very helpful.
> Thanks in advance.

I revised the original proposal to include a couple of examples:
findOrganizations (by name), using both SQL and ebRS filter expressions.

<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/download.php/9386/regrep-storedquery-02.pdf>

These both validate against the proposed schema revisions.

--
Richard Martell         Public PGP key: <http://www.galdosinc.com/pgp/>
Galdos Systems, Inc.      tel: +1 604-484-2765  |  fax: +1 604-484-2755

Opinions, conclusions, recommendations, and other information presented
in this message are not given or necessarily endorsed by my employer or
firm. If the digital signature is invalid, I did not send this message.