Subject: Re: [regrep] FW: IECM Standards Proposal

I admit that I don't see a close relationship between RegRep
and the following quote from the original message.  Could someone
explain this?

>>...In particular, I believe
>> the time is ripe for specification of a core set of XML metadata
>> elements to facilitate the discovery and management of
>> documents/records/content on the Web.

Furthermore, isn't the work proposed in this quote competing with
other efforts such as Dublin Core?  It also seems to ignore the
fact that the Semantic Web is a framework designed to support exactly
discovery and management of web content based on XML metadata (in
RDF/XML form).  For the SW, the proposed core set of metadata elements
are just another vocabulary that can be used for this.

-Evan

Evan K. Wallace
NIST