Subject: RE: [regrep] Rename RS to RP?

Matt,
Is ebRS Federation better defined by 'service' or 'protocol' ?

Regards,
ivan

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:mattm@adobe.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 21 octobre 2004 20:39
À : Richard Martell
Cc : Farrukh Najmi; BEDINI Ivan RD-BIZZ-CAE; regrep@lists.oasis-open.org; David RR Webber
Objet : Re: [regrep] Rename RS to RP?

ebR provides a set of services (QM, LM) that implement various high level protocols.  Therefore, "Service Protocol" does not actually work for our purposes.

Service Protocol would work if we were specifying a protocol for offering a service, so if ebXML Registry was implementing its own variant of HTTP, we could call that the ebXML Registry Service Protocol.

-Matt