Subject: FW: IECM Community of Practice Announcement for posting on XML.gov site.

FYI, regarding the IECM initiative that is creating an international standard for Interoperable Enterprise Contect Management (IECM):

Please see announcement below from Mike Connor of Adobe, to a mixed group comprised of US federal folks, federal contractors, and vendors. Mike attaches 2 documents:

"Community of Practice forming to create an International Standard for Interoperable Enterprise Content Management - IECM"

and

"Concept Proposal: A standards based SOA Framework for Interoperable Enterprise Content Management"

Cheers,
Joe
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World

From: Mike Connor [mailto:miconnor@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 3:17 PM
To: Owen_Ambur@ios.doi.gov; Niemann.Brand@epamail.epa.gov
Cc: bfanning@aiim.org; dennis.hamilton@acm.org; jtsprehe@jtsprehe.com; sheila.campbell@gsa.gov; Thomas_McClay@ios.doi.gov; tbyrne@cmswatch.com; ejw@cse.ucsc.edu; bmanago@mdy.com; Jon.Barrett@Tally.Hummingbird.com; julian.reschke@gmx.de; gstein@lyra.org; qdaly@xythos.com; GOConnell@PureEdge.com; richards.john-a@epamail.epa.gov; odonnell.chris@epa.gov; Edwin_McCeney@ios.doi.gov; Maewyn.Cumming@cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk; John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk; karl.best@oasis-open.org; Diane.Lewis@nhtsa.dot.gov; Ted_Weir@blm.gov; Michael.Daconta@dhs.gov; susan.turnbull@gsa.gov; Chiusano Joseph; Paul.R.Fontaine@faa.gov; 'michael singer'; 'Melonie Callaway-Warfel'; 'Ed Chase'; 'Duane Nickull'

Thank you both for your encouragement and support regarding helping us get this IECM initiative up and running - we are already recieving inquiries and requests for participation.

Per our conversations, please find an announcement of the formation of this initiative and a presentation of the IECM proposal for posting to your web site. Additionally, we would also like to take advantage of your offer to host a meeting on this topic and would like to know a date in the near future that would work for you.

With great appreciation.

Paul, Mike & Betsy

PS. Brand, you indicated that there was a document we could use as a template for developing a proposal to OMB & the CIO council to position IECM as top  level service in the Fed architecture. We weren't able to find it. Would you be kind enough to send us a link?

Michael J Connor

Adobe Systems

WW Government Markets

Grp Mgr Strategy & Architecture

miconnor@adobe.com

w 408 536 4236

c 650 814 0511

Make it a great day!

Community of Practice forming to create.pdf

IECM Concept Accept Document for XMLgov .pdf