Subject: Re: [regrep] Proposed changes to ebMS Binding and HTTP Binding

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Just one question, from more of a "perception" perspective: Does
>removing the ebMS binding "break" anyone's perception (within or outside
>of OASIS) of an integratable ebXML framework? Does it send a negative
>message (no pun intended)? Or does it not matter whether it sends any
>type of message at all?

I do not think it sends a negative message. ebXML ARchitecture is
supposed to be loosely coupled.
An ebXML Registry still supports the original vision of being a registry
where the ebMS service and clients
could look up CPPs and BPSS. It was never the vision in the original
architecture that ebXML Registry
use ebMS (the vision was that an ebMS service use ebXML Registry which
we support).

The real issue is that we do not have the resources to do the spec work
for this.
No one is volunteering to do the spec. I do not rule out adding this
feature in future if there is demand and if there are resources
to do it.