Subject: Re: [regrep] Final draft recommendations for CC's and Registry - UML/UMM Profile for CCTS

Mark,

What is the end objective for the "UML to XML" within CEFACT ATG?

Obviously one side of this is potentially production rules within UML that
can output schema and templates such as CAM - that carry the interchange
rules.

This is somewhat different focus from UBL -> XML -> UML transfers
between modelling tools.

Obviously if such XML is of the transaction exchange nature - then
CEFACT ATG can shorten their development cycles by potentially
leveraging and extending the work that have already been done with
CAM.

Thanks, DW

----- Original Message -----
From: <MCRAWFORD@lmi.org>
To: <anderst@toolsmiths.se>; <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 3:15 PM
Subject: RE: [regrep] Final draft recommendations for CC's and Registry -
UML/UMM Profile for CCTS

Anders,

Not sure that guarantees consistency.  If you don't harmonize the UML
models, the MOFs will always be different.  You have got to do the
difficult harmonization - using core components at the data analysis
level - to standardize the UML models.  Even then, as I understand it,
the optionality of XMI features in XMI 2.0 does not guarantee consistent
XML.  You must still have a set of parameters (NDRs ala UBL or CEFACT
ATG) for how to invoke the XMI. CEFACT ATG already has an approved
project for UML to XML and will be accelerating that work as soon as the
CEFACT NDRs are finished next week.

Mark