Subject: Re: [regrep] Standards approval process

Ivan:

I disagree with your assertions.

BEDINI Ivan RD-BIZZ-CAE wrote:

>The goals :
>- to provide a definitively way to use an ebXML Registry to storing CCs.

DN - this is not hard to do.  The registry does not care what the object
is.  IMO - it is best to store as a complete object, not break it into
little tiny objects and slot them into RIM instances then reassemble
when you request them.  Also - CC, ACC, BIE. ABIE should not be
dependent upon a registry in any way, shape or form.

>- to define an API to submit, retrieve and find a set, or a single, CCs.

DN - that is what RSS is for.  We should not define a separate API just
for CC related things.

>- to federate CCs between all existing registries. (future goal!)

DN -registry federation can do this.  We do not need to make another
spec to do this.

The question you should ask your self is this

"If someone sends me a core component, what will I get?"

That is holding up adoption.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist - Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com