Subject: RE: [regrep] Standards approval process

I believe the question of which is first - storage or serialization - is very much a "religious" issue, so neither approach is "incorrect". OK, I'll 'fess up - I believe it is best to first define storage, then serialization (and have believed this for several years - I'm recalling some of our June 2003 CC-Review listserv discussions). But hey, that is just my opinion, and Duane's can't be wrong either. I see advantages and disadvantages from both sides - but I know that no one has ever done an in-depth analysis of these (we probably all could not agree on the analysis methodology!:)

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World