Subject: Re: [regrep] Standards approval process

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>I believe the question of which is first - storage or serialization - is very much a "religious" issue, so neither approach is "incorrect". <SNIP>

WRONG!  Storage is incorrect.  Anyone who thinks defining storage first
is correct is only demonstrating an lack of ability to understand
fundamental first-order logic.  It is a black and white logic issue.
Defining storage first without understanding the dependencies on what
will be serialized and sent is wrong.

Scenario:
You define the storage and store aspects A,B,C and D of an object.  When
someone requests a copy of it, they need A,B,C,D and Q.  You need to
understand what they need before you know what you have to store.  If
you knew that first, then you would know you had to store "Q" in
addition to the other aspects.

> OK, I'll 'fess up - I believe it is best to first define storage, then serialization<SNIP>

What part of the logic are you failing to understand????

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist - Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com