Subject: Re: [regrep] Standards approval process

Le lundi 17 janvier 2005 à 11:19 -0800, Duane Nickull a écrit :
> Ivan:
>
> I disagree with your assertions.
>
> BEDINI Ivan RD-BIZZ-CAE wrote:
>

> >The goals :
> >- to provide a definitively way to use an ebXML Registry to storing CCs.
> >

> DN - this is not hard to do.  The registry does not care what the object
> is.  IMO - it is best to store as a complete object, not break it into
> little tiny objects and slot them into RIM instances then reassemble
> when you request them.  Also - CC, ACC, BIE. ABIE should not be
> dependent upon a registry in any way, shape or form.

Please Duane, give us your mapping and if it will well formed we will
stop this discussion immediately :-P
sincerely give us the possibility to have a little doubt about how you
deal CC in your mapping. in the solution that you provide we can't
distinguish a BBIE from an ACC. all is CC for you.

> >- to define an API to submit, retrieve and find a set, or a single, CCs.
> >

> DN - that is what RSS is for.  We should not define a separate API just
> for CC related things.

Why not ?!?
we choose ebXML Registry to store CC because it is a part of ebXML
framework. so the less thing that I wait for by registry is that it
could simply be able to retrieve a CC or that it provide us a simple way
to do that.

> >- to federate CCs between all existing registries. (future goal!)
> >

> DN -registry federation can do this.  We do not need to make another
> spec to do this.

Please share your experience with us.

> The question you should ask your self is this
>
> "If someone sends me a core component, what will I get?"
>
> That is holding up adoption.
>
> Duane

regards,
ivan