Subject: [Fwd: [ebxml-dev] XACML 2.0]

FYI...

--- Begin Message ---
Dear colleagues,

This is a grass roots reminder that the XACML 2.0 specification is up
for an OASIS member vote between now and the end of the month.

I personally became familiar with XACML when the ebXML Registry standard
chose to normatively adopt XACML 1.0 in support of its custom Access
Control Policy feature.

Since then, I have implemented XACML 1.0 support within the freebXML
Registry open source implementation and have developed a first hand
appreciation for the tremendous value that XACML standard brings to web
services security.

XACML 2.0 adds many improvements to the standard and adds the following
new XACML profiles:

   SAML 2.0 profile of XACML
   XML Digital Signature profile of XACML
   Privacy policy profile of XACML
   Hierarchical Resource profile of XACML
   Multiple Resource profile of XACML
   Core and Hierarchical Role Based Access Control (RBAC) profile of
     XACML, Version 2.0

If your company is an OASIS member company then I encourage you to urge
your company's OASIS representative to vote to approve XACML 2.0 as an
OASIS standard.

The official announcement of the vote is at:
		http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200501/msg00005.html

Thanks you for your support of the good work of the OASIS XACML TC.

Farrukh Najmi

--- End Message ---