Subject: Reg/Rep 1/20/2005: Comments on ebRS v3.0 Draft

[general] spell check carefully
[general] Should we consider breaking out the SAML profile similar to
how WS-Security OASIS has approached the use of token profiles? One
editorial motivator for asking this is the document is getting very
long. Some of the specialized, advanced functions could be held in
separate documents/appendices/etc.
[page 14, sections 1.4.1 or 1.4.2]
[current] 1. Given we've defined WSDL for the registry, should we also
cite the WSDL v1.1 reference?
[Section 5.6.14] ReferencesExistException

    is: "that is is"
    should be: "that it is"

[page 51, Section 6.2-future] When we start to think about how the
registry may be used in support of actual business processes, the
importance of transactionality and state alignment/assurance become more
important. Should we consider a constraint that transactionality
capabilities may be required if query functions are used under certain
circumstances (such as in the case of business content used in a
business message for a business transaction)?
[general-future] As the use of the registry expands to different
functional areas, here are some thought areas: For example, the registry
may be used to notify a party Buyer (such as a subscriber to a catalog)
that a package of application products have been updated with three new
components. That update could trigger a service that actually creates a
new product catalog sent to an existing customer. In this case, the
registry (roughly speaking) serves as a subparty in the process.

Or, even more closely, the registry may be used in an actual business
transaction pattern. For example, in an ebBP description, a Buyer
queries a Seller via a service (which can be done now with
OperationMapping) if it has product A with X, Y, Z capabilities. The
query could actually be through the registry. The notification may be
the response with the relevant data to the Buyer.  I've not actually
though this through so be kind in your response. In that case, specific
requirements may be levied on the BT pattern (query-response, as such)
that it is reliable, secure and received in xx time, and whether SOAP
can fulfill that requirement.

[page 73, Section 8.1.1.2] On validation of Business Processes, separate
business content referenced in business process, from business process
instance structrure, from business process instance itself, and the
rules a partner assumes that the business process instance itself
adheres to (which may be a business agreement, legal constraint, a
particular businesses corporate practices, etc). I am uncertain how the
registry would make the semantic checks without other tooling. An
explanation would be helpful. In lieu of an explanation, here is change
suggestion:

    from: Content validation may be used to enforce consistency rules
    and semantic checks whenever a Business Process is submitted to the
    registry. This feature may be used by organizations such as
    UN/CEFACT, OAGi, and RosettaNet.
    to: Business process instance validation may be used to enforce