Subject: Re: [regrep] [RS Issue] Internal Vs. External Users

David Webber (XML) wrote:

>Gentle folks - I see in the OMAR implementation we have
>the certificate management function.  This is very useful
>and an excellent supporting service for Hermes and
>issuing of CPA certificates to partners, and more.

For those not familiar with OMAR it is the internal name of the freebXML
Registry project.

>Is this not the type of abstraction we need here?  E.g. a
>neutral registry service that supports authentication
>and certificate management et al - but we do not
>need to specify exactly how this is done - just the
>types of service provided.

As I said in response to Joe's message on this thread I think the only
interfaces related to IdentityProvider / AuthenticationAuthority we need
to define are those defined by SAML 2 SSO protocols that are already
being used in the 3.0 specs and that we should not specify a different
interface. Thanks.