Subject: Re: [regrep] [RS Issue] Need clarification on comment on line 1410

Thinking in the abstract, if a target is deprecated is it also fair to
assume references to it are deprecated?  Possibly yes, possibly no.

Imaginary Use case:

User "bob" has been deprecated as part of a reorganization.  "bob" has
been given 3 months to transition his role to someone else ("mary"), and
during that three months he shall continue in his job.  If Association
to process objects define "bob"'s position, should those associations be
deprecated?  I don't think so.  Why?  Because those associations will
need to be transitioned to "mary".  Maybe this needs to be an optional
flag on the deprecate request.